Sunday, September 13, 2009

the age of music

so, everybody loves music, right? they have some personal connection to the smooth sounds and rhythmic time...i know...i know. with that being said, i won't go into the meaning of music in my life. what i would like to touch base on are the CDs that i enjoyed as a young'n that have somewhat forgotten, but still love dearly and am not embarrassed about liking.

circa 2002: "pinkerton" - weezer, "clarity" - jimmy eat world.

true classics. i didn't have original copies of either cd - does that not make me a true fan?

my choice for amazing CDs from the now: "junior" - royksopp, robyn's self-titled cd. let me just tell you that there is not enough hype about robyn. she is a swedish pop star that makes me laugh and rock-out - all at the same time. there is something special about a girl with a song named "konichiwa bitches."

best show of my life, so far: daft punk's alive tour. i don't even think i can explain to you how amazing it actually was - the only people that will ever know are the people who went. lights, pyramids, robots, magic. i'm sad to admit that sometimes i go on to youtube to just watch footage, just to remember the feeling.

an entertaining video i have seen lately: dirty projectors' "stillness is the move."

the scenery is amazing and the llama really is the star.

goodbye for now.

4 comments:

missjina said...

i saw this on your facebook. i'll be cyber stalking you so please be sure to update regularly. thanks. jina

Mark Ingram said...

This blog is too controversial. I mean it has the "B" word in the second post. I don't think I can compromise my morals enough to continue reading this blog...

Animals in Formal Wear said...

i only read xanga so i'll never be back here again.

Kathy said...

you've mentioned great albums!